Your Rights As A Patient
believes that we have a contract with our patients to empower
them to oral and dental wellness, and to perform quality work at
a fair price. We firmly believe that every patient who graces
our practices with their business has absolute rights that we
must always honor. We have defined a patients list of rights
based on standards defined by dental associations, and extended
those rights to areas we believe are equally as important.
Your Rights as a Patient
(Adopted by the Pennsylvania Dental Association in 1998)
- You have a right to see the dentist every time you
receive dental treatment.
- You have a right to ask about treatment alternatives and
be told, in language you can understand, the advantages and
disadvantages of each.
- You have a right to know the education and training of your
dentist and the dental team.
- You have a right to know in advance the type and
expected cost of treatment.
- You have a right to expect dental team members to use
appropriate infection and sterilization controls.
- You have a right to ask your dentist to explain all the
treatment options regardless of coverage or cost.
- You have a right to be treated in a professional and ethical
manner by your dentist and dental team.
- You should have a right to schedule an appointment with
the dentist of your choice.
(Extended by Esthetique Dentistry)
- You have a right to decide which options to take on your
treatment plan without any pressure.
- You have a right to decide on the dentist who will perform
your treatment plan without any pressure or resistance.
- You have a right to access your dental records upon
request, and receive them within a reasonable period of
- You have a right to receive assistance in submitting dental
insurance claims to help ease your financial burden.
- You have a right to receive timely service for any
corrections required for our work, and receive such service
at no charge (with a few exceptions).