Esthetique believes we have a contract with our patients to empower them to oral and dental wellness, and to perform quality work at a fair price. We firmly believe that every patient who graces any of our practices with their business has absolute rights that we must always honor. We have defined a patient’s list of rights based on standards defined by dental associations, and extended those rights to areas we believe are equally as important.
Your Rights as a Patient
(Adopted by the Pennsylvania Dental Association in 1998)
- You have a right to see the dentist every time you receive dental treatment.
- You have a right to ask about treatment alternatives and to be told, in language you can understand, the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- You have a right to know the education and training of your dentist and the dental team.
- You have a right to know in advance the type and expected cost of treatment.
- You have a right to expect dental team members to use appropriate infection and sterilization controls.
- You have a right to ask your dentist to explain all the treatment options, regardless of coverage or cost.
- You have a right to be treated in a professional and ethical manner by your dentist and dental team.
- You should have a right to schedule an appointment with the dentist of your choice.
(Extended by Esthetique Dentistry)
- You have a right to decide which options to take on your treatment plan without any pressure.
- You have a right to decide on the dentist who will perform your treatment plan without any pressure or resistance.
- You have a right to access your dental records upon request, and receive them within a reasonable period of time.
- You have a right to receive assistance in submitting dental insurance claims to help ease your financial burden.
- You have a right to receive timely service for any corrections required for our work, and receive such service at no charge (with a few exceptions).